Pages

Oscar at 2

Oscar at 2

Saturday, May 23, 2009

Silence...

This has been a quiet week on the adoption front. We have been on the waiting list for 1 month now, so I emailed on Tuesday for our 1 month update. We have not heard anything back yet, and that drives me crazy! Every morning I check my email hoping to see a response, but it's not there. I tried to call yesterday, but they were already closed. I know we are not even close yet, but it felt like such a big milestone to get to the 1 month mark, and our agency encourages us to check in once a month to get an update on where things are at.

I know several other families that are getting close that are also feeling anxious to get some news. This has been a very quiet month. Usually other families announce their referrals, but we haven't heard from anyone for a long time. I love hearing that someone got a referral because it lets us know that we are moving in the right direction.

Hopefully I will be able to post some updates next week. Enjoy the long weekend.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
A bit about our family... My husband and I are both elementary school teachers. We met in college and have been married for 13 years. We have been living overseas for 7 years now and we are currently living near Tokyo, Japan.