Pages

Oscar at 2

Oscar at 2

Thursday, January 14, 2010

We got our referral!!!!


I am so happy to announce that we have accepted the referral for a beautiful 3 and a half month baby boy named Daniel. We received an email yesterday with his information and a picture and we fell in love immediately!

I was expecting a phone call so when I checked my email and saw an email from our agency director with the subject line Daniel I almost fell out of my chair. Larry was taking a shower and I ran in and told him that we got our referral and to hurry up so we could look at it together. It took every ounce of my willpower to not click on the email before he came out!

We can't post pictures until later in the process, but he is a little peanut! He has a wonderful little haircut that we can't stop giggling about (think mohawk). The best part about his referral picture is that he is smiling. A big, huge, happy smile!

We are all so excited and can't wait to meet him. He was in care while we were in Ethiopia, but he is currently at a different orphanage so we didn't meet him while we were there.

4 comments:

Rachael said...

Woo-hoo!!! Congrats!!!!! So they didn't call you, just sent an email? That's different. I am so happy for you! Was Daniel his birth name or is that the name you chose? If you didn't choose it, will you keep it?

Emily B. said...

Yipee!!!!!!! Sending so many congratulations your way.

hugs,
Emily

Upstatemamma said...

Congratulations!! What a truly marvelous day!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!!!

About Me

My photo
A bit about our family... My husband and I are both elementary school teachers. We met in college and have been married for 13 years. We have been living overseas for 7 years now and we are currently living near Tokyo, Japan.