Pages

Oscar at 2

Oscar at 2

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Waiting list

Today is the day that we have been waiting for! I can stop "waiting to wait" and just "wait." I called our adoption agency this morning to ask about the status of our dossier and they told me that our dossier was being assembled and we are on the waiting list as of today.

We have requested an infant boy or girl less than 12 months. The agency shared with me today that there is quite a big time difference between families waiting for infant girls and boys, so we will most likely be having a baby boy! They are currently giving infant girl referrals to families who sent their paperwork in August 2008 and infant boy referrals are to families with their dossiers sent in January 2009.

After we receive a referral we will be assigned a court date and then once we pass court we will probably be able to travel about 6-8 weeks after that to pick the baby up. We are hoping to get a referral sometime this summer and would love to be able to travel before Christmas, but I am trying to not to stress too much about dates right now. I am listening to my "In His Time" song as we speak!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
A bit about our family... My husband and I are both elementary school teachers. We met in college and have been married for 13 years. We have been living overseas for 7 years now and we are currently living near Tokyo, Japan.