Pages

Oscar at 2

Oscar at 2

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Starting to blog

This is my first try at this, and I am starting a bit later than most adoption blogs I read.  My husband and I have 2 bio children, Jack (9) and Olivia (6) and are in the process of adopting a baby from Ethiopia.  We are anxiously waiting to hear that our dossier was sent to Ethiopia and that we are officially on the waiting list.

A bit about our family... My husband and I are both first grade teachers.  We met in college and have been married for almost 11 years.  We have been living overseas for almost 6 years now and we are currently living near Tokyo, Japan.  We have been living in Japan for the last 2 and 1/2 years, before that we lived in Germany and Saudi Arabia.

We began our adoption journey in October and expected to be on the waiting list several months ago.  We ran into some unexpected and baffling delays with the agency handling our home study.  At church a couple of months ago we sang the song "In His Time" and it really touched me and has become my mantra during this time.  I have to keep in mind that God is in control and He has a child in mind for our family.  

No comments:

About Me

My photo
A bit about our family... My husband and I are both elementary school teachers. We met in college and have been married for 13 years. We have been living overseas for 7 years now and we are currently living near Tokyo, Japan.