Pages

Oscar at 2

Oscar at 2

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Leaving tomorrow

We are leaving for Ethiopia tomorrow! I can't believe that the time has actually come! We will be arriving in Addis Ababa on Saturday morning at 11:25. They have arranged for us to go pick up Daniel at about 3:00 that afternoon. We will have just enough time to check in to the guest house and go!

Please pray for safe, smooth travels. I will breathe so much easier when we are home. The latest confusion is that we are heading straight back to Japan from Addis. We have a friend that adopted a few years ago and had no problems, but the Embassy says that we either need travel orders with Daniel's name on them or a Japanese visa.

We can't get Daniel added to our orders until he is physically in Japan with us, so we will have to get a visa. We will be cutting it close to get the visa in time to fly out next Friday night, so please keep us in your prayers.

Next time I post, I will finally have some photos of our new son!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay!!:) Congratulations! Hope you have a safe trip:)

Rachel Etter said...

I will be following your info on getting his visa. We travel soon and we need a visa for China.

About Me

My photo
A bit about our family... My husband and I are both elementary school teachers. We met in college and have been married for 13 years. We have been living overseas for 7 years now and we are currently living near Tokyo, Japan.